WHITEWATER, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - Chris Krahn (De Pere, Wis.) and Daniel Bronner (Hartland, Wis.) each recorded top-20 finishes to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's cross country team Saturday at the UW-Whitewater Tom Hoffman Invitational. The Warriors finished fourth in the team scoring with 107 points.
- Event: UW-Whitewater Tom Hoffman Invitational
- Location: UW-Whitewater Campus Course, Whitewater, Wis.
- WLC Team: 4th of 6, 107 Points
- Top WLC Individual: Chris Krahn, 18th of 74, 29:41.8
WARRIORS TOP PERFORMERS
- Krahn paced the Warriors with an 18th-place finish and an 8K time of 29:41.8. Bronner was two spots behind his teammate by one second in 20th with a time of 29:42.8.
- Brady Stuck (Hubertus, Wis.) and Javier Cano-Telles (Milwaukee, Wis.) recorded back-to-back finishes for Wisconsin Lutheran in 38th and 39th with times of 30:44.4 and 30:45.3, respectively.
- Tyler Punzel (Watertown, Wis.) rounded out the scoring for the Warriors in 43rd and posted a time of 30:48.0 in his first collegiate 8K race.
- Wisconsin Lutheran placed fourth with 107 points, ahead of College of Lake County and Dominican. There were three other teams (Knox, Sauk Valley, Edgewood) who did not field a complete team score.
OTHER TOP PERFORMANCES
- UW-Platteville topped the six-team scoring field with 22 points. The Pioneers, who had five out of the top eight placers, edged host runner-up UW-Whitewater by 12 points. UWW's David Fassbender was the overall 8K race winner with a time of 26:36.7.
- Wisconsin Lutheran makes the trek to San Bernardino, California next weekend for the Coyote Challenge hosted by Cal State-San Bernardino. The men's 8K race is scheduled to start at 10:45 a.m. CST.