GREEN BAY, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Daniel Bronner (Hartland, Wis.) and Chris Krahn (De Pere, Wis.) finished 17th and 18th overall to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's cross country team at the season-opening Tom Barry Invitational Saturday at Colburn Park. The Warriors finished seventh out of nine scoring teams with 163 points.
- Event: Tom Barry Invitational
- Location: Colburn Park, Green Bay, Wis.
- WLC Team: 7th of 9, 163 Points
- Top WLC Individual: Daniel Bronner, 17th of 93, 22:21.8
WARRIORS TOP PERFORMERS
- Bronner led the Warriors with a 17th-place finish in the 93-runner field with a time of 22:21.8.
- Krahn finished right behind his teammate, placing 18th after running the 4-mile course in 22:23.1.
- Tyler Punzel (Watertown, Wis.) was the third runner Green and White runner to cross the finish line, finishing 36th with a time of 23:32.9 in his first collegiate race.
- Brady Stuck (Hubertus, Wis.) earned the Warriors a 45th-place, running a time of 23:54.0.
- Elijah Tesch (Sun Prairie, Wis.) rounded out the scoring for WLC, placing 51st with a time of 24:14.1.
OTHER TOP PERFORMANCES
- Meet host St. Norbert won the team title with 51 points and saw three runners place in the top 10. Lawrence's Josh Janusiak won the individual 4-mile crown with a time of 20:33.6.
- Wisconsin Lutheran is off next weekend but returns to race Saturday, September 15 at the UW-Whitewater Tom Hoffman Invitational. The 8K race begins at 11:45 a.m.