MEQUON, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Jacob Jodat (Pewaukee, Wis.) finished first out of 91 runners and the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's cross country team tied its best finish ever at a conference championship, as the Warriors finished second out of 11 teams with 70 points Saturday afternoon at the 2017 Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Championships at Concordia Wisconsin's campus course.
- Event: 2017 NACC Championships
- Location: Concordia Wisconsin Campus Course, Mequon, Wis.
- WLC Team: 2nd of 11, 70 Points
- Top WLC Individual: Jacob Jodat, 1st of 91, 26:04.8
WARRIORS TOP FIVE PERFORMERS
- Jodat was named NACC Runner of the Year after topping the 91-runner field with his 8K time of 26:04.8. He finished nearly :32 seconds in front of the second-place finisher.
- Jodat joins Chase Robles (2014) and Zach Shiels (2008) as the only Warriors who have been crowned NACC individual champions. It was the senior's fourth win of the season and fifth of his career.
- Chris Krahn (De Pere, Wis.) finished the 8K course in a time of 27:41.6 for a 16th-place finish.
- Jordan Donart (De Pere, Wis.) crossed the line a step behind Krahn, finishing 17th with a time of 27:44.8.
- Daniel Bronner (Hartland, Wis.) finished in 18th place, just behind Donart, in a time of 27:45.9.
- Brady Stuck (Hubertus, Wis.) posted a finishing time of 28:21.1 to place 22nd.
- The Warriors' second-place team finish is their highest in the NACC era and ties the best finish ever at a conference championship in program history.
- Wisconsin Lutheran also placed second at the Lake Michigan Conference Championships in 2005.
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
- Aurora won its third straight NACC title and fifth in the last six years with 46 points. The Spartans placed four of their runners within the top 12, defeating the Warriors by 24 points.
- The Warriors will next race at the NCAA Division III Midwest Regional Saturday, November 11 at Saukie Golf Course in Rock Island, Illinois. The men's 8K race is scheduled to start at 12:00 p.m. Wisconsin Lutheran competed on the same course earlier this season, September 22, at the Brissman-Lundeen Invitational.