ROCK ISLAND, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – Jacob Jodat (Pewaukee, Wis.) paced the Warriors with a second-place finish in a time of 21:21.9 and the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's cross country team placed 5th out of 22 scoring teams with 156 points Friday afternoon in the sweltering heat at the Augustana Brissman-Lundeen Invitational. The course was shortened from the regularly scheduled 8K to a 4-mile race due to the extremely warm temperatures.
- Event: Brissman-Lundeen Invitational
- Location: Saukie Golf Course, Rock Island, Ill.
- WLC Team: 5th of 22, 156 points
- Top WLC Individual: Jacob Jodat, 2nd of 216, 21:21.9
WARRIORS TOP FIVE PERFORMERS
- Jodat was the Warriors' top finisher, placing second overall in a time of 21:21.9. He was just over seven seconds behind the lead runner.
- Javier Cano-Telles (Milwaukee, Wis.) finished in a time of 22:26.7, good for a 21st-place finish.
- Jordan Donart (De Pere, Wis.) placed 40th with a time of 22:58.1.
- Chris Krahn (De Pere, Wis.) ran a time of 23:22.1 to finish 54th.
- Daniel Bronner (Hartland, Wis.) rounded out the Warriors' top five and a step behind Krahn with a 55th-place finish and a time of 23:22.2.
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
- Simpson's Ian McKenzie won the individual 4-mile title with his time of 21:14.0.
- The Storm also claimed the team title with 36 points, besting runner-up Bethel by 85 points. They had five runners finish within the top 14.
- Wisconsin Lutheran will race at home next Saturday, September 30 at the 17th annual Warrior Invitational at Greenfield Park in West Allis. The 8K race is scheduled for a 12:00 p.m. start time.