WHITEWATER, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Jacob Jodat (Pewaukee, Wis.) placed third overall out of 157 runners with an 8K time of 27:33.4 to pace the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's cross country team to a fifth-place team finish at the Tom Hoffman Invitational Saturday on the campus course at UW-Whitewater.
- Event: Tom Hoffman Invitational
- Location: UW-Whitewater Campus Course, Whitewater, Wis.
- WLC Team: 5th of 13, 171 Points
- Top WLC Individual: Jacob Jodat, 3rd of 157, 27:33.4
WARRIORS TOP FIVE PERFORMERS
- Jodat posted a time of 27:33.4 in his first 8K event since the 2015 season.
- Javier Cano-Telles (Milwaukee, Wis.) finished with a time of 28:51.5 for 18th place.
- Jordan Donart (De Pere, Wis.) posted a time of 30:00.7 for 57th place.
- Daniel Bronner (Hartland, Wis.) placed 68th in his first collegiate 8K race with a time of 30:22.0.
- Chris Krahn (De Pere, Wis.) also made his 8K debut and finished with a time of 30:40.8 to place 80th.
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
- UW-Whitewater's Brett Harms topped the field of 157 runners in a time of 26:59.1.
- The host Warhawks won the 13-team event with 42 points, four less than UW-La Crosse's 46 points. UWW had the top two finishers and six inside the top 19.
- Wisconsin Lutheran will race next Friday, September 22 at the Augustana Brissman-Lundeen Invitational in Rock Island, Illinois. The 8K race is scheduled for a 3:45 p.m. start time at Saukie Golf Course.