WEST ALLIS, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Javier Cano Telles (Milwaukee, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) finished sixth overall to lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's cross country team to a fifth-place finish out of eight scoring teams at the 2016 Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Cross Country Championships at Greenfield Park on Saturday morning.
- Event: 2016 Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Cross Country Championships
- Location: Greenfield Park, West Allis, Wis.
- WLC Team: 5th of 8, 132 Points
- Top WLC Individual: Javier Cano Telles, 6th of 89, 28:01.03
WARRIORS TOP FIVE PERFORMERS
- Cano-Telles led the Warriors with a sixth-place finish to earn All-NACC honors, marking the fifth straight year that a Warriors runner has received all-conference recognition.
- Jordan Donart (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) was next to cross the line, finishing 28th in a time of 29:42.84.
- Brady Stuck (Hubertus, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) posted a finishing time of 30:28.60 to place 38th.
- Josh Eickhoff (Manitowoc, Wis./Lutheran) finished 46th with a time of 30:52.48.
- Elijah Tesch (Sun Prairie, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) rounded out the Warriors' top five with a time of 31:14.03 for a 49th-place finish.
- Today marked the third time since 2010 that the Warriors have hosted the conference championships.
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
- Similar to its women's team, Aurora also won its fourth title in five years on the men's side. The Spartans had four top 10 finishers on their way to 35 points, 16 ahead of runner-up MSOE.
- AU's Christian Barajas won the individual 8K title with a time of 27:23.24.
- The Warriors will compete at the NCAA Division III Midwest Regional on November 12 at Lake Breeze Golf Course in Winneconne. The men's 8K race is scheduled to start at 11:00 a.m.