KENOSHA, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Javier Cano-Telles (Milwaukee, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) became the third runner in the last four years from Wisconsin Lutheran College to win the 8K race at the Private College Championships on Saturday afternnon at Parkside's Wayne E. Dannehl National Course. The Warriors placed fourth overall among seven scoring teams at the 8K event.
- Event: Private College Championships
- Location: Wayne E. Dannehl National Course, Kenosha, Wis.
- WLC Team: 4th of 7, 67 Points
- Top WLC Individual: Javier Cano-Telles, 1st of 68, 27:16.5
WARRIORS TOP FIVE PERFORMERS
- Cano-Telles was the Warriors' first runner to cross the line, finishing first overall to earn First Team All-State honors. He became the third Warrior to win this event in the last four years.
- Jordan Donart (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) placed 13th overall with a time of 29:17.4 to collect Second Team All-State recognition.
- Elijah Tesch (Sun Prairie, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) took Third Team All-State with his 16th-place finish as he crossed the line in 29:22.8.
- Brady Stuck (Hubertus, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) finished behind Tesch to finish 19th with a time of 29:52.1 to earn Third Team All-State.
- Josh Eickhoff (Manitowoc, Wis./Lutheran) also was Third Team All-State with a time of 30:12.2 for 22nd place.
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
- Viterbo cruised to the team championship with three of its scoring runners finishing inside of the top 10 for a total of 53 points, nine ahead of host Carthage.
- The Warriors return to action in two weeks on Saturday, October 29 when they host the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Championships at Greenfield Park. The men's 8K race is scheduled for an 11:00 a.m. start.