RIPON, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's indoor track & field team set a pair of relay records en route to a fourth-place finish Saturday at the Red Hawk Invite inside the Willmore Center. The Warriors scored 30 points on their way to a fourth-place tie in the 11-team field.
- Event: Red Hawk Invite
- Final Results: T-4th of 11 (30 Points)
- Location: Willmore Center, Ripon, Wis.
- The Warriors' 4x400-meter relay team placed second out of 14 teams with a school-record time of 3:29.70. The team comprising of Jonah Jahns (Germantown, Wis.), Sam Rodmyre (Federal Way, Wash.), TJ McBryde (Zumbrota, Minn.), and Joel Schamber (Wyoming, Mich.) broke the previous mark of 3:33.89, which stood since 2013.
- WLC's 4x200-meter relay team comprised of Schamber, Shemron Ross (Grand Anse, Grenada), McBryde (Zumbrota, Minn.) and Jahns also set a new school record with a time of 1:35.23, besting the previous mark from a season ago of 1:37.29.
- Schamber ran a time of 9.18 seconds to place seventh in the prelims of the 60-meter hurdles. He placed third in the finals with a time of 8.98 seconds.
- Keith Bowling (Jefferson, Wis.) leaped to a sixth-place finish in the long jump with a mark of 6.31m. Bowling also placed sixth in the triple jump with a 13.08m leap.
- Second-ranked UW-Oshkosh won 12 events and scored 272.15 points to win the 11-team scoring title.
- The Warriors will compete again next weekend at the UW-Platteville Invitational. Events begin at 11:00 a.m. Saturday at the Williams Fieldhouse in Platteville.