LISLE, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – Jonah Jahns' (Germantown, Wis.) and Sasha Bornschlegl's (Rochester, Minn.) school records paced the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's outdoor track & field team Friday and Saturday at the 2018 NACC Outdoor Championships. The Warriors finished fourth out of 10 scoring teams with 79 points over the two-day championship.
- Event: 2018 NACC Outdoor Championships
- Final Results: 4th of 10, 79 Points
- Location: Sports Complex, Lisle, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jahns topped the field in the 400-meter dash with a new conference championship and school record time of 48.05 seconds, which ranks 14th nationally. He also sprinted to a fifth-place finish in the 200-meter dash with a time of 22.44 seconds.
- Bornschlegl threw a personal best in shot put to break a nine-year old school record with a mark of 13.83 meters. Bornschlegl also placed third in the discus with a toss of 38.22 meters and ran a personal best in the 100-meter dash of 11.83 seconds.
- Jared Bruemmer (Hanover Park, Ill.) won the decathlon with a total of 5,217 points, which was also good for a personal best. Bruemmer set personal records in the 100-meter dash (11.69 seconds), 1,500-meter run (5:06.33), 110 hurdles (18.21 seconds), high jump (1.72 meters), and shot put (10.61 meters). Bruemmer also threw a distance of 45.53 meters in the javelin for a personal best and fourth-place finish.
- Joel Schamber (Wyoming, Mich.) sprinted to runner-up finish in the 400-meter hurdles in a time of 56.55.
- Jordan Donart (De Pere, Wis.) finished fifth in both the 800 meters with a time of 2:01.31 and 1,500 meters with a personal best time of 4:09.75.
- Chris Krahn (De Pere, Wis.) raced to a sixth-place finish in the 800 meters in a time of 2:02.02 after running a personal record of 2:00.79 in prelims.
- TJ McBryde (Zumbrota, Minn.) sprinted to a personal best time of 54.02 seconds in the 400 meters.
- Ethan Ortiz (Milwaukee, Wis.) vaulted to a personal record of 3.95 meters in the pole vault which was also good for a sixth-place finish.
- Brady Stuck (Germantown, Wis.) placed fourth in the 3000-meter steeplechase with a personal best of 10:01.47.
- WLC's 4x400-meter relay team of Jahns, Shemron Ross (Grand Anse, Grenada), Donart, and Schamber placed sixth with a time of 3:30.99.
- The 4x100-meter relay team of Tyree Gamble (Huntsville, Texas), Ross, Bruemmer, and Jahns placed seventh in a time of 46.24 seconds.
- Gamble and Collin Hoskins (Rochester, Minn.) both sprinted to personal bests in the 200 meters with times of 24.53 seconds and 24.90 seconds, respectively.
- Elijah Tesch (Sun Prairie, Wis.) raced to a personal best in the 800 meters with a time of 2:04.44.
- Seth Harrmann (New London, Wis.) and Jared Traver (Janesville, Wis.) both threw personal bests in the javelin with a distance of 34.27 meters and 38.36 meters, respectively.
- Aurora snapped host Benedictine's two-year reign and won the NACC men's outdoor title with 204.5 points. The Spartans won four events.
- The Warriors will compete again next Thursday and Friday at the Dr. Keeler Invitational. Events are scheduled to get underway at 11:00 a.m. inside Benedetti-Wehrli Stadium in Naperville, Illinois.