WHITEWATER, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – Jonah Jahns (Germantown, Wis.) and the 4x400-meter relay team set new school records to lead the Warriors men's outdoor track & field team Saturday at the UW-Whitewater Drake Alternative Meet inside the Rex Foster Track Complex. No team scores were recorded at the event.
- Event: UW-Whitewater Drake Alternative Meet
- Final Results: No Team Scores
- Location: Rex Foster Track Complex, Whitewater, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- WLC's 4x400-meter relay team consisting of Jahns, Jordan Donart (De Pere, Wis.), Shemron Ross (Grand Anse, Grenada), and Joel Schamber (Wyoming, Mich.) set a new school record with a winning time of 3:29.27. The relay time ranks second in the conference, just missing out on first place by .04 seconds.
- Jahns sprinted to a fourth-place finish with another school-record time of 21.89 seconds in the 200-meter dash. His time of 21.89 ranks third in the NACC this season.
- Schamber raced to a fourth-place finish in the 400-meter hurdles in a time of 58.11.
- The Warriors 4x100-meter relay teams placed eighth (44.60 seconds) and 10th (47.35 seconds), respectively.
- Brady Stuck (Germantown, Wis.) finished 10th in the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a personal-best time of 10:27.5.
- Jared Bruemmer (Hanover Park, Ill.) and Adam Pagel (Kenosha, Wis.) both threw personal-bests in the discus with a distance of 24.94 meters and 30.56 meters, respectively. Donart raced to a personal-best time in the 1,500-meter run with a time of 4:15.12. Tyree Gamble (Huntsville, Texas) sprinted to a personal best of 11.68 seconds in the 100 meters. Seth Harrmann (New London, Wis.) threw a distance of 31.04 meters in the javelin throw, good for a personal best. Collin Hoskins (Rochester, Minn.) leaped to a personal-best in the high jump with a height of 1.68 meters. Ethan Ortiz (Milwaukee, Wis.) vaulted a personal-best height of 3.75 meters in the pole vault.
- The Warriors will compete again Friday and Saturday at the 2018 NACC Outdoor Championships in Lisle, Ill. Events are scheduled to get underway at 10:30 a.m. both days inside the Village of Lise-Benedictine Sports Complex.