DUBUQUE, Iowa (WLCSports.com) – Sasha Bornschlegl (Rochester, Minn.) and Jonah Jahns (Germantown, Wis.) broke school records in the discus and 200 meters, respectively, to help lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's outdoor track & field team Saturday at the Dubuque Invitational. The Warriors placed sixth out of 11 scoring teams with 48.50 points.
- Event: Dubuque Invitational
- Final Results: 6th of 11, 48.5 Points
- Location: Miller Track, Dubuque, Iowa
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jahns placed second out of 36 sprinters in the 200-meter dash with a new school record time of 22.02 seconds. He also topped the 15-competitor field in the 400 meters with a new personal best time of 48.62 seconds.
- Bornschlegl set a new school record in the discus with a throw of 39.46 meters and also placed seventh in the shot put with a personal record toss of 13.48 meters.
- Jordan Donart's (De Pere, Wis.) 1,500-meter time of 4:15.40 was good for second place and a personal best time out of 21 runners.
- Chris Krahn (De Pere, Wis.) raced to third place in the 5,000 meters with a time of 16:23.72. Krahn also finished in 4:20.03 in the 1500-meter run to place fifth. Both races were good for personal records.
- Joel Schamber (Wyoming, Mich.) competed in the 400-meter hurdles finishing sixth in 58.47 seconds.
- Brady Stuck (Germantown, Wis.) placed sixth in the 5,000 meters with a time of 16:45.90.
- Jared Bruemmer (Hanover Park, Ill.) vaulted to a seventh-place finish in pole vault with a height of 3.50 meters.
- The Warriors 4x100-meter relay team finished eighth in 47.23 seconds.
- Ethan Ortiz (South Milwaukee, Wis.) jumped to a personal best in the long jump with a distance of 5.39 meters, Adam Pagel (Kenosha, Wis.) threw a distance of 30.54 meters, good for a personal record in the discus, and Jake Vallee (Marengo, Ill.) ran to a personal best in the 200 meters with a time of 24.42.
FOR THE FOES
- Host Dubuque scored 236.5 points to win the 11-team scoring title by over 100 points on runner-up Concordia St. Paul.
- Edgewood (35 points) and Rockford (seven points) were the only other NACC teams represented at the meet.
- The Warriors will compete next Saturday at the UW-Whitewater Drake Alternative Meet. Events begin at 11:00 a.m. on the Rex Foster Track.