KENOSHA, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's track & field team competed Sunday at the 2018 NACC Indoor Championships, finishing eighth out of nine scoring teams with 22 points inside the Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center.
- Event: 2018 NACC Indoor Championships
- Final Results: 8th of 9, 22 Points
- Location: Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center, Kenosha, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jonah Jahns (Germantown, Wis.) placed third overall with a personal best in the 400-meter dash with a time of 51.21.
- Sasha Bornschlegl (Rochester, Minn.) threw to a third-place finish in the shot put with a distance of 12.97 meters.
- Joel Schamber (Wyoming, Mich.) sprinted to a sixth-place finish in the 55-meter hurdles with a time of 8.80.
- Jordan Donart (De Pere, Wis.) finished seventh in the 800-meter run in a time of 2:04.35.
- WLC's distance medley relay team of Donart, Josh Eickhoff (Manitowoc, Wis.), Elijah Tesch (Sun Prairie, Wis.), and Brady Stuck (Germantown, Wis.) finished sixth with a time of 11:19.44.
- Wisconsin Lutheran's 4x400-meter relay team of Jahns, Shemron Ross (Grand Anse, Grenada), Donart, and TJ McBryde (Zumbrota, Minn.) finished seventh with a time of 3:36.97.
- Bornschlegl also ran a personal best time of 6.99 in the 55-meter dash. Jared Bruemmer (Hanover Park, Ill.) threw a personal record of 11.61 meters in the shot put. Chris Krahn (De Pere, Wis.) ran a personal record of 4:45.75 in the mile run. McBryde sprinted to a personal record in the 400-meter dash with a time of 54.02.
- Benedictine won the NACC men's indoor title for the third straight year with 212 points, 62 more than runner-up Aurora.
- The Warriors will compete again next Friday at the Gill Athletics Final Qualifier. Events are scheduled to get underway at 3:00 p.m. inside the Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center in Kenosha.