LISLE, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – Jacob Jodat (Pewaukee, Wis./Waukesha North) won three events and was named the NACC Track Athlete of the Meet to lead the Warriors men's track & field team to a fourth-place finish on Friday and Saturday at the 2017 NACC Outdoor Championships at the Village of Lisle-Benedictine Sports Complex.
- Final Results: 4th of 10, 62 Points
- Location: The Sports Complex, Lisle, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jodat accounted for almost half of the Warriors' points as he won the 1,500 (3:59.63), 5,000 (15:39.97), and 10,000 meters (33:52.32) to earn the conference's Track Athlete of the Meet honor. The senior finished first in his races among 32, 20, and 16 runners, respectively.
- Jodat is the second Warrior to earn Track Athlete of the Meet honors at the NACC Outdoor Championships after Zach Shiels won it in both 2008 and 2009.
- Javier Cano-Telles (Milwaukee, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) also competed in the 10,000, finishing shortly behind Jodat in third with a time of 34:06.93.
- Jordan Donart (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) finished fourth in the 800 meters with a career-best time of 1:59.57.
- Joel Schamber (Wyoming, Mich./Luther Preparatory) sprinted to a personal-best and fourth-place finish in the 400-meter hurdles in a time of 57.15.
- WLC's 4x400-meter relay team of Caleb Tomlin (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Luther Preparatory), Jonah Jahns (Germantown, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran), Schamber, and Donart set a new school record of 3:29.55 for a fifth-place finish.
- Jared Bruemmer (Hanover Park, Ill./Hoffman Estates) placed fourth in the decathlon with 4,744 points. Bruemmer also threw to a fifth-place finish in javelin with a season-best mark of 43.34 meters.
- WLC's 4x100-meter relay team of Jared Traver (Janesville, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran), TJ McBryde (Zumbrota, Minn./St. Croix Lutheran), Tomlin, and Jahns placed sixth in a time of 45.13 seconds.
- Brady Stuck (Germantown, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) placed eighth in the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a personal-best 10:36.72.
- Benedictine won its second straight NACC title with a conference-record 305 points, placing 100 points ahead of runner-up Aurora.
- The Warriors will compete again Thursday and Friday at the Dr. Keeler Invitational. Events are scheduled to get underway at 11:00 a.m. inside Benedetti-Wehrli Stadium in Naperville, Ill.