BELOIT, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - Jacob Jodat (Pewaukee, Wis./Waukesha North) and Javier Cano-Telles (Milwaukee, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) both ran the 5,000 meters on Thursday at the Hillsdale Gina Relays. The Warriors then competed on Friday and Saturday at the Beloit Relays at Strong Stadium taking home a sixth-place finish out of 11 scoring teams.
- Final Results: 6th of 11, 59 Points
- Location: Strong Stadium, Beloit, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jodat and Cano-Telles both ran personal-best 5,000-meter times on Thursday, finishing in 15:20.18 and 16:13.47, respectively, in the 123-runner field at the Hillsdale Gina Relays.
- Jodat also ran to a first-place finish in a field of 26 runners in the 800 meters on Saturday with a personal-best time of 1:59.82. Jordan Donart (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) sprinted to a second-place finish behind Jodat in the 800 with a time of 2:02.90.
- Jonah Jahns (Germantown, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran) topped the 26-competitor field in the 200 meters in a season-best time of 22.54 seconds.
- Joel Schamber (Wyoming, Mich./Luther Preparatory) ran to a second-place finish in the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 58.50 seconds and the 110-meter hurdles in a time of 17.76 seconds for fourth place.
- The Warriors 4x100-meter relay team also took home a second-place finish with a time of 45.36 seconds. The 4x800-meter relay team placed third in a school-record time of 8:26.17.
- Seth Harrmann (New London, Wis./New London) finished seventh in the javelin throw with a distance of 26.13 meters.
- The Warriors will compete next Friday and Saturday in the NACC Outdoor Championships at the Village of Lisle-Benedictine Sports Complex in Lisle, Ill.