KENOSHA, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's track & field team competed on Saturday at the season-opening Private College Invitational hosted by Carthage. The Warriors finished with 15 points for seventh place among eight scoring teams who were represented at the meet.
- Final Results: 7th of 8, 15 Points
- Location: Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center, Kenosha, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Joel Schamber (Wyoming, Mich./Luther Preparatory) finished sixth in the 55-meter hurdles prelims and posted a finals time of 8.86 for fifth place. Schamber also placed sixth in the 400-meter dash in a time of 55.72.
- Shemron Ross (Grand Anse, Grenada/Happy Hill Secondary) finished right behind Schamber in the 400 meters with a time of 55.75 for seventh place. Ross also placed second in the prelims of the 55 meters and finished third in the finals with a time of 6.76.
- Invite host Carthage captured the team title with 213 points.
- The Warriors will compete next on Jan. 28 at the Pioneer Open hosted by UW-Platteville. Events are scheduled to get underway at 11:00 a.m. inside Williams Fieldhouse.