LISLE, Ill. – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's track & field team competed at the NACC Outdoor Championships at the Village of Lisle-Benedictine University Sports Complex on Friday and Saturday. The Warriors finished fifth out of nine scoring teams with 33 points.
- Final Results: 5th of 9, 33 Points
- Location: Village of Lisle-Benedictine University Sports Complex, Lisle, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jacob Jodat (Pewaukee, Wis./Waukesha North) won the 1500 meters, topping the 30-competitor field with a NACC Championship-record time of 4:00.12. He also doubled up in the 5000 meters, besting the 26-runner field with a time of 15:36.91.
- Javier Cano-Telles (Milwaukee, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) also placed in the 5000-meter run, finishing fourth in a time of 15:58.83.
- Shemron Ross (Grand Anse, Grenada/Happy Hill Secondary) placed seventh in the 400-meter dash with a time of 53.10.
- The 4x100-meter relay team of Ross, Jared Bruemmer (Hanover Park, Ill./Hoffman Estates), Caleb Tomlin (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Luther Preparatory), and Colin Sheahan (Oostburg, Wis./Oostburg) finished sixth with a time of 46.36.
- WLC's 4x400-meter relay team of Bruemmer, Tomlin, Ross, and Jodat also secured a sixth-place finish in a time of 3:31.30.
- The Warriors finished with 33 points for fifth place, the second straight season with a fifth-place finish at the outdoor championships.
- Benedictine won the men's title for the third time with 255 points, defeating runner-up and two-time defending champion Aurora by just 8.5 points.
- Select Wisconsin Lutheran athletes will be competing at last chance meets coming up this Thursday and Friday.