KENOSHA, Wis. – Jacob Jodat (Pewaukee, Wis./Waukesha North) set a new school record in the mile run and accounted for 24 points to help lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's track & field team to a fifth-place finish out of 10 scoring teams with 51.50 points on Saturday at the 2016 NACC Indoor Championships. For his efforts, Jodat was named the NACC Track Athlete of the Meet.
- Final Results: 5th of 10, 51.50 points
- Location: Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center, Kenosha, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jodat broke the school's one mile run record as he placed third in the event with a time of 4:22.40. Jodat also won the 3,000-meter run with a time of 8:55.60 and was runner-up in the 5,000-meter run with a time of 15:40.83.
- Chase Robles (New Berlin, Wis./West) finished first in the 5,000-meter run with a time of 15:34.58. He was also runner-up in the 3,000-meter run with a time of 8:59.66.
- Jordan Donart (De Pere, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) finished sixth in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:00.39.
- Jeremy Fierros (Crystal Lake, Ill./Central) vaulted to an eighth-place tie to finish with a height of 3.65 meters in the pole vault.
- WLC's distance medley relay team of Josh Eickhoff (Manitowoc, Wis./Lutheran), Caleb Tomlin (Menomonee Falls, Wis./Luther Preparatory), Kyle McBee (Monroe, Mich./Lutheran South), and Javier Cano-Telles (Milwaukee, Wis./Wisconsin Lutheran) placed sixth with a time of 11:41.86.
- Wisconsin Lutheran's 4x400-meter relay team of Tomlin, Shemron Ross (Grand Anse, Grenada/Happy Hill Secondary), Jared Bruemmer (Hanover Park, Ill./Hoffman Estates), and Donart also finished sixth with a time of 3:40.86.
- Benedictine won its first-ever NACC men's indoor title with 212 points.
- The Warriors will compete again next Friday at the Gill Athletics Final Qualifier. Events are scheduled to get underway at 3 p.m. inside the Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center.