SOMERS, Wis. - Jacob Jodat (Pewaukee, Wis./Waukesha North) set a new school record in the 3,000-meter run at the Parkside Classic on Saturday to help lead the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's track & field team to a seventh-place finish out of 17 scoring teams with 29 points at the meet.
- Final Results: 7th of 17, 29 Points
- Location: Frank Petretti Fieldhouse, Somers, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jodat broke the school's 3,000-meter run record which was held since 2008 by Zach Shiels (8:49.01). The junior bested 22 other runners in the event and tore the tape with a time of 8:46.54.
- Teammate Chase Robles (New Berlin, Wis./West) finished runner-up in the same event with a time of 8:53.53.
- The Warriors' distance medley relay team also took home a first-place finish, recording a time of 11:19.34.
- Jared Bruemmer (Hanover Park, Ill./Hoffman Estates) scored a point for the Warriors in the long jump, as he finished eighth of 19 jumpers with a mark of 5.98 meters.
- Milwaukee bested runner-up Marquette by six points to take home the team title with 79.50 points. The Warriors finished seventh with 29 points.
- The Warriors return to Platteville next Saturday for the UW-Platteville Invitational. Events inside the Williams Fieldhouse begin at 11 a.m.