GREENFIELD, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's tennis team suffered a pair of conference losses Saturday afternoon at Whitnall High School. The Warriors fell to Aurora 8-1 in their first match of the day and then dropped a 9-0 decision to Illinois Tech later in the afternoon.
- Final Scores: Aurora 8, Wisconsin Lutheran 1; Illinois Tech 9, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (0-7, 0-3 NACC), Aurora (4-4, 3-0 NACC), Illinois Tech (12-9, 4-0 NACC)
- Location: Whitnall High School, Greenfield, Wis.
- Aurora opened the match by sweeping doubles play, taking an early 3-0 lead in the match.
- Jonny Wordell (Mequon, Wis.) earned a tighty-contested 6-7, 6-3, 10-7 win at the No. 1 singles position for his first win of the season.
- Matt Plaski (Milwaukee, Wis.) suffered a 3-6, 7-5, 6-10 loss at the No. 2 singles position, while David Ullerich (Milwaukee, Wis.) fell 6-2, 3-6, 10-12 in the No. 3 singles slot.
- The Scarlet Hawks swept through doubles play to begin the second match of the afternoon.
- Wordell suffered a 6-1, 6-0 setback at the top singles position, while Tyler Fahney (Hartford, Wis.) fell 6-1, 6-0 at the No. 3 singles position.
- The Warriors continue NACC play Thursday when they travel across town to face MSOE. The Raiders (5-7, 2-0 NACC) defeated Edgewood 8-1 Saturday afternoon. First serve is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. at Nicolet High School in Glendale.