FOREST PARK, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - The fifth-seeded Wisconsin Lutheran College men's tennis team saw its 2018 season come to an end Tuesday afternoon, falling to fourth-seeded Dominican, 5-1, in a NACC Tournament First Round match at the Forest Park Tennis Courts. It was the second time in less than a week that the Warriors fell to the Stars.
- Final Score: Dominican 5, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-15), Dominican (8-6)
- Location: Forest Park Tennis Courts, Forest Park, Ill.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Stars took the first two doubles matches from the Warriors, winning 8-2 and 8-6 before the Warriors' Matt Plaski (Milwaukee, Wis.) and Grant Fleming (Kaukauna, Wis.) claimed a 9-7 win at No. 3.
- Dominican earned a pair of 6-2, 6-1 wins at the first two completed singles matches of No. 4 and No. 5 singles. DU then clinched the match with a 6-3, 7-5 win at No. 3.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Fleming and Plaski teamed for their fourth win of the season at No. 3 doubles
- The Warriors are now 5-5 all-time in NACC Tournament matches.
- The Stars won their third straight match over the Warriors.
- Wisconsin Lutheran finishes its 2018 season 4-15 overall and 4-4 in the NACC. The Warriors made their sixth consecutive appearance in the NACC Tournament and posted at least a .500 conference record for the fifth time in the last six seasons.