HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's tennis team fell in its second and third spring break matches, 9-0, to NCAA Division II Shepherd and Webster Tuesday as part of the PTR Spring TennisFest.
- Final Scores: Shepherd 9, Wisconsin Lutheran 0; Webster 9, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (0-9), Shepherd (4-4), Webster (3-1)
- Location: Carolina Place in Sea Pines, Hilton Head Island, S.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Rams opened the match by winning all three doubles matches. Matt Plaski (Milwaukee, Wis.) and Grant Fleming (Kaukauna, Wis.) fell 8-3 at No. 2 doubles.
- Shepherd won all six flight of singles play in straight sets, as the Warriors were unable to take no more than two games in any set. Jonny Wordell (Mequon, Wis.) fell 6-2, 6-2 at No. 2 singles.
- In its second match vs. the Gorloks this week, Webster won two of three doubles matches by an 8-1 final.
- The Warriors dropped all six singles flights, but Jonny Wordell battled in a three-set loss at No. 2 singles, 4-6, 6-3, 8-10.
- The Warriors wrap-up their spring trip at Hilton Head Island with a match Friday against Marietta at 1:30 p.m. CST. The Pioneers (1-3) play three matches this week before taking on WLC.