BROOKFIELD, Wis. (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's tennis team suffered a 6-3 defeat against the Illinois College Blueboys Sunday afternoon in non-conference action at Elite Sports Club.
- Final Score: Illinois College 6, Wisconsin Lutheran 3
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (0-2), Illinois College (1-2)
- Location: Elite Sports Club, Brookfield, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The doubles team of Jonny Wordell (Mequon, Wis.) and David Ullerich (Milwaukee, Wis.) won 8-3 at the No. 2 doubles position.
- Illinois College earned victories at the No. 1 and No. 3 doubles positions to take a 2-1 lead heading into singles play.
- Wordell picked up his second victory of the afternoon with 4-6, 6-4, 10-8 triumph in the No. 2 singles position.
- Ullerich also collected a 3-6, 7-5, 10-7 win at the No. 4 singles position.
- The Blueboys picked up straight set wins at the other four singles positions, earning the 6-3 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Ullerich and Wordell picked up the first individual victories of the season for WLC in the match.
- The match marked the first meeting all-time between the two teams.
- The Warriors return to action next Saturday when they travel to Elsah, Illinois, for a pair of non-conference matches. WLC will face Simpson (5-3) and Principia (2-1) in the triangular match.