Posted: Oct 26, 2019
MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team fell behind early and was unable to recover Saturday afternoon against MSOE, as the host Raiders handed the visiting Warriors a 5-0 defeat at Viets Field.
- Final Score: MSOE 5, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (6-9-1, 2-7-1 NACC), MSOE (8-6-2, 6-3-1 NACC)
- Location: Viets Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
- The Raiders scored twice in the first 10 minutes, as Joe Schauer scored in the seventh minute and Carson Albert found the net just minutes later.
- MSOE added to the lead in the 18th minute with Drew Baumann taking a pass from Antonio Roselli and beating Warriors junior keeper Erek Lehnen (Fort Myers, Fla.) for a 3-0 lead.
- In the second half, Lucas D'Amato scored on a penalty kick in the 54th minute as the Red and White pushed the score to 4-0.
- MSOE scored once more in the match, with Zach Blair extending the lead to five in the 69th minute.
- The Warriors attempted six shots, including four shots on target. Sophomore Aedon Meurer (Waukesha, Wis.) paced the team with two shots on goal.
- Lehnen faced six shots and stopped three in the first half. Freshman Nick Smerz (West Allis, Wis.) entered the game in the second half and finished with one save on three shots in his collegaite debut.
- WLC finished with two corner kicks to MSOE's one.
- Nine of the 16 MSOE shots were on target, with Schauer pacing the team with three shots on goal.
- The Raiders used three goalkeepers, with Ron Marchionna starting and earning the win. Patrick Grund recorded all four saves, and Ben Greenberg played the final seven minutes.
- The Warriors close out their 2019 season Wednesday when they travel to Edgewood (6-12-1, 3-7-0 NACC). Match time is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. at Breese Stevens Field. Live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.