Posted: Sep 28, 2019
MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team suffered a 3-0 defeat against NACC perennial power Dominican Saturday afternoon at Warriors Soccer Field. The Warriors were out-shot 21-8 by Stars.
- Final Score: Dominican 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-4-0, 0-2-0 NACC), Dominican (6-2-2, 2-0-0 NACC)
- Location: Warriors Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Dominican had a couple early chances, but junior goalkeeper Erek Lehnen (Fort Myers, Fla.) held the Stars scoreless for the first 23 minutes. Vicente Castro opened the scoring for the Stars as he dribbled through the defense and fired a shot that found the back of the net at the 23:17 mark.
- The Stars extended the lead eight minutes later after a WLC turnover allowed Denis Soldo to beat Lehnen to the upper left corner. The score stood 2-0 in favor of the visitors at halftime.
- DU pushed the score to 3-0 two minutes into the second half as Isaac Perez scored his fifth goal of the season from 20 yards out into the lower right corner.
- The Warriors attempted eight shots in the game, with sophomore Jason Cano (Delavan, Wis.) leading the team with four. Cano's scoring chance at the 14:45 mark of the first half was WLC's only shot on goal of the match.
- Lehnen finished with seven saves, matching his season high for the second straight game.
- The Stars launched 21 shots, with 10 resulting as shots on goal. Jonathan Hernandez and Vicente Castro led the team with five shots, and Castro's three on goal paced the team.
- Daniel Dominguez and Hunter Faurbo combined for the shutout, with Dominguez stopping the only shot the duo faced.
- The Warriors return to action next Wednesday when they travel to Lakeland (3-7-1, 0-2-0 NACC) for a conference match at 7:00 p.m. The Muskies fell 4-0 to Rockford Saturday at home. Links to live stats and video will be available for the game at WLCSports.com.