MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team suffered a 4-1 defeat to the visiting Lake Forest Foresters Sunday afternoon in the final contest of the 2018 Warrior Cup. The match served as the final tune-up for WLC before it begins Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference play Wednesday hosting Lakeland.
- Final Score: Lake Forest 4, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-5-0), Lake Forest (4-2-1)
- Location: Warriors Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors came out of the gates with a heavy attack and Noah Hernandez (Glendale, Wis.) put the hosts ahead 1-0 in the 9' when he slotted home a rebound after a shot from Yussef Sahraoui (South Milwaukee, Wis.) that nearly beat the keeper.
- Lake Forest knotted the contest at 1-1 in the 15' when Erik Truitt received a cross in the box and found the back of the net.
- The visitors took a 2-1 lead in the 31' when Sal Gloria scored on a shot from just outside the box.
- Amar Korac added to the Foresters lead in the 34' when he connected on a shot from outside the box that snuck in the bottom left side of the goal.
- Lake Forest added one more goal in the 55' when Sid Babu beat the keeper from just outside the box, pushing the LFC lead to 4-1.
- WLC struggled to create offense in the final stages of the contest, but Miguel Sanchez Cordero (Milwaukee, Wis.) had a shot saved in the 62' and Colin Killberg (Racine, Wis.) nearly headed home a ball in the 81'.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Sanchez Cordero led the way for WLC with two shots, both on target, while Hernandez scored the lone goal of the contest for the hosts.
- Sahraoui added a shot on goal and registered the lone assist in the losing effort.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla.) suffered the loss in net, making seven saves in 90 minutes.
FOR THE FOES
- Truitt paced the Foresters with five shots, including two shots on goal and scored one.
- Gloria and Truitt each scored a goal and dished out an assist.
- Tero Ellas earned the win for Lake Forest, making three saves in net.
- The visitors out-shot WLC 22-6.
- The Warriors begin NACC play Wednesday night when they host Lakeland. The Muskies (3-3-0) host Lawrence Monday in their final non-conference tune-up. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. Live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.