MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team fell to the visiting Olivet Comets in its first game of the 2018 Warrior Cup Saturday afternoon at Warriors Soccer Field. The Warriors out-shot the visitors 15-13 in a losing effort.
- Final Score: Olivet 1, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-4-0), Olivet (3-4-1)
- Location: Warriors Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Yussef Sahraoui (South Milwaukee, Wis.) nearly put the Warriors on the scoreboard in the 2', but his shot was saved from 10 yards out.
- Jason Cano (Delavan, Wis.) put a shot on frame in the 12' for the home team, but his shot was again saved by the Olivet keeper.
- The Comets nearly scored in the 20', but Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla.) made a save after a one-on-one opportunity with a Comets attacker.
- Despite the save by Guichard, the Warriors were called for a foul inside the penalty box, and Alistair Law converted the penalty shot for the visitors, putting OC up 1-0.
- KJ McNealey Jr. (Milwaukee, Wis.) nearly knotted the contest at 1-1 with two shots in the 21', but his first shot was blocked, then his second shot was cleared off the line by a Comets defender.
- The Warriors failed to register a shot on target in the second half.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Cano led the offensive attack for WLC, tallying four shots with one coming on goal.
- Jake Buhler (Greenville, Wis.) and McNealey Jr. added three shots apiece.
- Guichard suffered the loss in net, making four saves in 90 minutes of action.
FOR THE FOES
- Law led the way for the Comets with six shots, including three on goal and converted a penalty kick.
- Three other OC players tallied shots while Justin Lavin made three saves in net, earning the victory.
- The Warriors take on Lake Forest in the final game of the 2018 Warrior Cup Sunday afternoon at Warriors Soccer Field. The Foresters (3-2-1) drew with Olivet 1-1 Friday night in the opening match of the 2018 Warrior Cup. Live stats and video for the 3:30 p.m. match will be available at WLCSports.com.