BELOIT, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - Wisconsin Lutheran College broke open a 1-1 draw at halftime by netting five second half goals as five different players found the back of the net en route to a 6-1 win over Beloit Sunday afternoon at Strong Complex Soccer Field.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 6, Beloit 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-1-0), Beloit (0-2-0)
- Location: Strong Complex Soccer Field, Beloit, Wis.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After putting four shots on frame in the opening 13 minutes, the Warriors were able to finally crack the scoring column in the 30th minute on Yussef Sahraoui's (South Milwaukee, Wis.) first goal of the season assisted by Jason Cano (Delavan, Wis.).
- The Buccaneers evened the score nine minutes later on Jose Gutierrez's first score of the year unassisted.
- Wisconsin Lutheran broke a 1-1 draw at intermission by scoring early and often in the final 45 minutes.
- Justin Kuffler (Moline, Ill.) notched back-to-back goals in the 48' and 67', assisted by Aedon Meurer (Waukesha, Wis.) and Juan Serna (Milwaukee, Wis.) for a 3-1 lead.
- Connor Schodorf (Appleton, Wis.) found the back of the net two minutes later for his first goal of the year and a 4-1 advantage.
- Cano added his second score of the year in the 71' and Serna capped the scoring in the 78', assisted by Sahraoui, for the 6-1 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Cano accounted for a team-high seven of the Warriors' 27 shots. Sahraoui and Serna added four shots apiece.
- Erek Lehnen (Fort Myers, Fla.) earned the win, allowing one goal, without making a save.
- The six goals are the most for Wisconsin Lutheran since Sept. 4, 2015 when they put up six against Bethany Lutheran.
- WLC won its fourth straight road opener and its fourth straight over the Buccaneers in the all-time series.
FOR THE FOES
- Gutierrez accounted for the Bucs' lone goal while attempting five of his teams' 10 shots.
- Alex Lyon made eight saves in 90 minutes in net.
- The Warriors travel to Oregon next weekend for two non-conference contests. WLC will first face Pacific (0-1-1) Friday night at 9:00 p.m. CST.