Posted: Oct 19, 2016
MADISON, Wis. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team suffered a tough 1-0 setback to the Edgewood Eagles in a NACC match at Breese Stevens Field on Wednesday night.
- Final Score: Edgewood 1, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (8-6-3, 4-3-1 NACC), Edgewood (7-10-0, 4-5-0 NACC)
- Location: Breese Stevens Field, Madison, Wis. | Attendance: 157
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Eagles jumped out to an early 1-0 lead in the 9' when Henry Simon found teammate Victor Lombardino who fired a shot into the left side of the goal from 18 yards out.
- The score remained 1-0 throughout the entirety of the match, as WLC was only able to put one shot on target in the second half.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Edgewood out-shot WLC, 17-13, with the Eagles holding the Warriors to just three shots on goal.
- Erek Lehnen (Fort Myers, Fla./Southwest Florida Christian) recorded four saves playing all 90:00 minutes in the net for the Warriors.
- Chase Maxwell (Green Bay, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran), Connor Schodorf (Appleton, Wis./St. Mary Central), Teon Fountain (Madison, Wis./Memorial), Marco Perez (Milwaukee, Wis./Hamilton), and Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) tallied two shots each for the Warriors.
- Ethan Schneider recorded three saves for the Eagles on his way to collecting a shutout.
- Simon led the Eagles with a match-high five shots, while Lombardino and Garrett Lee added four apiece.
- Four of the conference's six tournament spots still remain up for grabs, as the Warriors currently stand in fourth place with a pair of pivotal games remaining.
- The Warriors will be back in action on Saturday afternoon at MSOE (10-7-0, 5-3-0 NACC). The Raiders are coming off a 3-2 loss at Lakeland on Wednesday afternoon. The match is set to begin at 3:30 p.m. at Viets Field. Live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.