AURORA, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – In a rematch of last year's NACC Tournament quarterfinal, the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team played to a 2-2 draw against Aurora on Saturday afternoon at Vago Field behind a Yussef Sahraoui (South Milwaukee, Wis./South Milwaukee) goal with just 33 seconds remaining in regulation.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 2, Aurora 2 (2 OT)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (8-5-3, 4-2-1 NACC), Aurora (4-8-2, 2-4-1 NACC)
- Location: Vago Field, Aurora, Ill. | Attendance: 78
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the 40' when Connor Schodorf (Appleton, Wis./St. Mary Central) headed in his first goal of the season.
- The lead would not last long however, as AU knotted the score at one apiece just 21 seconds later off a Edgar Soto goal to carry a 1-1 score into halftime.
- The Spartans scored quickly in the second half to take the lead in the 47' when Garret Kadrie scored off a corner kick.
- Aurora held the one goal advantage until the final minute of regulation when Sahraoui scored his fourth goal of the year with just 33 seconds to spare.
- In the final minute of the second overtime, Sahraoui almost sent the Warriors home with the victory, but his shot sailed just wide, hitting off the post.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Aurora dominated the shot count 37-11, including 24-5 in shots on goal.
- Erek Lehnen (Fort Myers, Fla./Southwest Florida Christian) made several key stops, recording a season-best 22 saves playing all 110:00 minutes in net for the Warriors.
- Sahraoui led the Warriors with three shots, while Schodorf and Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) contributed two each.
- AU's Oscar Suarez posted seven shots and Collin Foreman had six to lead the Spartans' attack.
- The Warriors earned their second tie with the Spartans in 16 all-time meetings.
- WLC's three draws are tied with two other Warriors teams for the most in program history.
- The Warriors travel to Edgewood (6-10-0, 3-5-0) on Wednesday night for a NACC matchup scheduled for 7:00 p.m. The Eagles are currently on a four-game losing skid after suffering a 3-2 loss to Lakeland on Saturday afternoon. Links to live stats and video will be available for the match at WLCsports.com.