LOVES PARK, Ill. (WLCSports.com) – Behind second-half goals from Teon Fountain (Madison, Wis./Memorial) and Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran), the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team got back on track with a 2-0 NACC victory over Rockford on Saturday afternoon at Wedgbury Stadium.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 2, Rockford 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (5-3-2, 2-1-0 NACC), Rockford (5-3-1, 1-1-0 NACC)
- Location: Wedgbury Stadium, Loves Park, Ill. | Attendance: 84
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Despite the Warriors out-shooting RU 9-4 in the opening half, neither team could find the net as the score remained 0-0 as both sides headed into the locker room for halftime.
- The Warriors got on the board in the 62' when Fountain scored from 15 yards out for his first career WLC goal.
- Gronholz's team-leading fourth goal in the 86' gave the Warriors an insurance goal and a 2-0 lead.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors pressured the Regents defense in the second half with 16 shots in the final period.
- Gronholz led all players with seven shots. Yussef Sahraoui (South Milwaukee, Wis./South Milwaukee) and Juan Serna (Milwaukee, Wis./St. Anthony) contributed four shots each. Serna also recorded an assist on the goal from Gronholz.
- Erek Lehnen (Fort Myers, Fla./Southwest Florida Christian) made three saves in his second conference shutout.
- Regents goalkeeper Anthony Beck made eight saves in the loss. Anders-James Wermuth led all Rockford players with two shots.
- The Warriors improved to 11-0-0 all-time against the Regents.
- The Warriors return to conference action on Wednesday night when they host Lakeland (2-7-0, 0-2-0 NACC) at 7:00 p.m. at Warrior Soccer Field. The Muskies are coming off a 3-0 defeat against Dominican on Saturday afternoon. Links to live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.