RIVER FOREST, Ill. (WLCSports.com) - Dominican broke open a narrow 1-0 halftime lead by scoring six times in the second half en route to a 7-0 win over the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team on Wednesday afternoon at West Campus Field.
- Final Score: Dominican 7, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-3-2, 1-1-0 NACC), Dominican (2-2-2, 1-0-0 NACC)
- Location: West Campus Field, River Forest, Ill. | Attendance: 50
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Stars scored their first goal of the contest in the 20' when Adam Yaghmour netted the first of two goals for him on the day.
- Erek Lehnen (Fort Myers, Fla./Southwest Florida Christian) kept the contest at 1-0 when he stopped a Stars' penalty kick over two minutes later and the score remained 1-0 until halftime.
- Dominican stormed out of the locker room after halftime, scoring three times in a span of just 2:38 for a 4-0 lead. The hosts added three more tallies to their total for a 7-0 final.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors were out-shot by the Stars 24-5 and 11-2 in shots on target. Five different WLC players recorded a shot in the match.
- Lehnen and Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) made two saves each in net for the Warriors.
- Nestor Ascencio led DU with four shots, while scoring once and adding three assists. Yaghmour added two goals and two assists.
- The Stars, who have won at least a share of the NACC title nine times in the last 10 years, improved to 101-4 in conference matches since 2006.
- The Warriors continue NACC play on the road on Saturday with a 12:00 p.m. matchup at Rockford (5-2-1, 1-0-0 NACC). The Regents are coming off of a 3-2 win over Moody Bible on Wednesday. WLC defeated RU 5-0 a season ago. Live stats will be available for the contest at WLCSports.com.