MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – A second-half goal from Yussef Sahraoui (South Milwaukee, Wis./South Milwaukee) stood for the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team and lifted the Warriors to a thrilling 1-0 upset victory over No. 25 Concordia Wisconsin on Saturday afternoon at Warrior Soccer Field. The win was the first for the Warriors over a top 25 team and their fourth all-time over the Falcons, the NACC preseason favorites.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 1, No. 25 Concordia Wisconsin 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-2-2, 1-0-0 NACC), Concordia Wisconsin (5-1-0, 0-1-0 NACC)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 203
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The contest was scoreless through the opening 45 minutes, but not before the Warriors pressured the Falcons with six shots, including a couple strong scoring chances.
- The only goal of the game came shortly after halftime in the 48' when Sahraoui's shot from 16 yards out deflected off a Falcons defender and found the corner of the net.
- Both teams had scoring opportunities down the stretch of regulation but the score never changed as outstanding goalkeeper play kept the final tally at 1-0.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons doubled WLC in the shot count 22-11 for the match and pressured the Warriors defense in the second half with a 18-5 shot advantage.
- Erek Lehnen (Fort Myers, Fla./Southwest Florida Christian) recorded his first conference victory in shutout fashion while saving all shots on target he faced.
- Four different Warriors recorded two shots to lead the squad.
- Sahraoui's goal was his second of the season. Chase Maxwell (Green Bay, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) collected his first point of the year with the assist on the lone goal.
- Nate Yeager suffered the loss to move his record to 4-1-0 and saved one shot over the final 45:00.
- Colin Dibb paced CUW with six shots, including three shots on goal.
- The Warriors continue NACC action on Wednesday at Dominican (1-2-2, 0-0-0 NACC). Match time is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. in River Forest, Ill. The Stars shutout North Central (Ill.) 2-0 on Saturday for their first win of the season. In last season's matchup, WLC and DU played to a 0-0 draw in double overtime. Live stats and videos will be available for the matchup at WLCSports.com.