WASHINGTON, D.C. (WLCSports.com) – Led by goals from Nick Zupinski (Kenosha, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran), Yussef Sahraoui (South Milwaukee, Wis./South Milwaukee), and Jimmy Pierson (Brown Deer, Wis./Brown Deer), the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer concluded its trip to Washington, D.C. with a 4-0 shutout victory over Gallaudet on Sunday morning at Hotchkiss Field.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 4, Gallaudet 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-1-2), Gallaudet (1-2-1)
- Location: Hotchkiss Field, Washington, D.C. | Attendance: 42
HOW IT HAPPENED
- WLC got on the board early when Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) found Zupinski for his second goal of the year in the third minute of the match.
- Sahraoui gave the Warriors an insurance goal in the 32', scoring his first goal of the season.
- After an own goal for GU made the score 3-0 in the 59', Wisconsin Lutheran notched its final tally of the match off the foot of Pierson, assisted by Connor Schodorf (Appleton, Wis./St. Mary Central), in the 86'.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors dominated the shot count against the Bison, 29-5, including 17-4 in shots on goal.
- Gronholz, who leads the NACC with 39 shots, led WLC with eight in the contest, while Pierson contributed five shots of his own.
- Erek Lehnen (Fort Myers, Fla./Southwest Florida Christian) improved his record to 3-1-2 with four saves in the full 90:00. He boasts the NACC's best save percentage at .875.
- Ruel Gutierrez led Gallaudet with two shots, while Noah Means-Simonsen saved 13 shots in goal for GU.
- With their second clean sheet of the season, the Warriors rank second in the NACC with a 0.93 goals against average.
- The Warriors return to action on Wednesday night when they travel to UW-Platteville (4-1-0) for 7:30 p.m. matchup at Pioneer Stadium. The Pioneers are coming off a 3-0 victory against Marian on Sunday. In last year's matchup, the Warriors fell 2-1 at Warrior Soccer Field.