ARLINGTON, Va. (WLCSports.com) - The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team netted the equalizer in the 67' and went on for a 2-2 tie in double overtime to kickoff its weekend trip to the east coast on Friday night against Marymount at Long Bridge Park.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 2, Marymount 2 (2 OT)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-1-2), Marymount (0-2-2)
- Location: Long Bridge Park, Arlington, Va. | Attendance: 65
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Saints took a 1-0 lead in the 14' when Ahmed El-Manialawy found Michael Ku-DiDipietro on a cross in the middle for a 1-0 lead.
- The Warriors knotted things up seven minutes later when Jimmy Pierson (Brown Deer, Wis./Brown Deer) put home a ball on his second attempt for a 1-1 tie at intermission.
- Marymount regained the lead 14 minutes into the second half when El-Manialawy connected on a goal from Brandon Orozco.
- In the 67', Enrique Arreola (Anna, Ill./Anna-Jonesboro) evened the score at 2-2 off an assist from Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis.Lakeide Lutheran).
- The contest remained tied through two overtime sessions and the Warriors withstood a 6-2 shot deficit over both overtime periods to settle for a another draw.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Saints out-shot the Warriors 29-18, but just 13-9 in shots on goal.
- Pierson led WLC with seven shots, while Gronholz added four.
- Erek Lehnen (Fort Myers, Fla./Southwest Florida Christian) made 10 saves for the Warriors, with two being in overtime.
- El-Manialawy and Rodney Ngoh each tallied five shots to lead MU. Goalkeeper John Valcicak made seven saves.
- The Warriors' two ties have already surpassed their total from each of the past two seasons.
- The Warriors will wrap-up their trip on Sunday with a non-conference contest at Gallaudet (1-1-0). Match time is set for 10:00 a.m. CST. Live stats and video will be available at WLCSports.com.