MILWAUKEE (WLCSports.com) – St. Norbert broke a scoreless tie by scoring two goals over the final six minutes of the match and went onto defeat the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team 2-0 on Wednesday night at Uihlein Soccer Park. The contest was moved from the natural grass surface at Warrior Soccer Field to Uihlein's turf surface due to extremely wet field conditions.
- Final Score: St. Norbert 2, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-1-1), St. Norbert (2-0-0)
- Location: Uihlein Soccer Park, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 62
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Neither team was able to find the back of the net in the opening 45 minutes. Warriors goalkeeper Erek Lehnen (Fort Myers, Fla./Southwest Florida Christian) made seven first-half saves to keep the Green Knights in check. WLC put three shots on target in the opening frame.
- Wisconsin Lutheran withstood St. Norbert's offensive attack for the majority of the second half until the final minutes of the contest.
- SNC struck for two scores within the final six minutes of the match off goals from Griffin Hoerchner (85') and Ben Prange (87'). Both scores were assisted by Sam Lamers.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- St. Norbert, the defending Midwest Conference champions, out-shot Wisconsin Lutheran 37-12, but just 14-4 in shots on target.
- Lehnen allowed his first two goals of the season in over 280 minutes in the net. He finished the contest with 12 saves.
- Jimmy Pierson (Brown Deer, Wis./Brown Deer) led the Warriors with four shots, while five other players tallied at least one shot for WLC.
- Lamers, Tyler Kassube, and Kieran Ruane recorded seven shots each for the Green Knights. Sam Lisheron made four saves to preserve the shutout.
- The Green Knights improve to 2-0-0 all-time against the Warriors. Tonight's meeting was the first since 2002.
- The Warriors head to our nation's capital for two games this weekend, beginning with a matchup against Marymount (0-2-1) on Friday at 5:00 p.m. CST in Arlington, Va. Live stats and video will be available for the match at WLCSports.com.