FOND DU LAC, Wis. – Teffie Joyce's (Green Bay, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) goal in the 13th minute stood as the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team held off host Marian 1-0 on a windy and rainy Wednesday night at Smith Field to claim the sixth and final spot in the 2015 NACC Tournament.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 1, Marian 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (9-8-1, 5-4-1 NACC), Marian (11-6-1, 4-5-1 NACC)
- Location: Smith Field, Fond du Lac, Wis. | Attendance: 312
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Joyce scored his fourth goal of the season in the 13th minute off a rebound inside the box for the only goal of the match. Austin Drake (East Troy, Wis./East Troy) was credited with the assist on the lone goal after Joyce rebounded his corralled shot.
- The match remained 1-0 in favor of WLC the rest of the way as the Warriors held the Sabres scoreless.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) shutout the Sabres and made four saves for the Warriors in the net, improving his record to 9-8-1 on the year.
- Drake led WLC in shots with eight, including six on goal.
- WLC dominated the shot count 18-9, including 14-4 in shots on goal.
- Ian Chacon made 13 saves for MU in the match.
- Eric Rodriguez led the Sabres with three shots, including two on goal.
- Seven yellow cards and two red cards were handed out between both sides.
- The Warriors have won two straight meetings over the Sabres at Smith Field.
- WLC will be making its fourth appearance (2006, 2007, 2012) in the NACC Tournament.
- Wisconsin Lutheran travels to face third-seeded Aurora (9-7-2, 7-1-2 NACC) on Saturday in a 10:30 a.m. NACC Tournament First Round match. The Spartans, who wrapped up the tournament's third seed with a 4-0 win over Rockford on Wednesday, edged the Warriors 3-2 in their only match of the season less than two weeks ago. Live stats and video will be available for the match at wlcsports.com.