MILWAUKEE – A late goal by Jimmy Pierson (Brown Deer, Wis./Brown Deer) in the 88th minute finished off a second-half comeback against Edgewood for the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team on Wednesday night at Warrior Soccer Field. The Warriors scored four second-half goals to overcome a 2-0 halftime deficit and come away with a crucial 4-2 win.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 4, Edgewood 2
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (8-7-1, 4-3-1 NACC), Edgewood (6-10-0, 3-6-0 NACC)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 139
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Edgewood got on the board first in the 34' when Evan Rogaczewski found the back of the net off a penalty kick for his sixth goal of the season.
- Tyler Rothering scored his first goal of the season late in the half to give the Eagles a 2-0 lead going into the break.
- Matt Schmidt (Wauwatosa Wis./East) got the Warriors on the board and back in the game in the 66' when he scored off an assist from Pierson.
- In the 76', Austin Drake (East Troy, Wis./East Troy) scored the equalizer on a penalty kick, his team-leading seventh score of the season.
- Pierson's second goal of the season proved to be the difference maker in the 88' to give the Warriors the lead.
- Ryan White (East Troy, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) tallied a late insurance goal within the final minute when he beat the keeper to the ball and tapped it into the open net.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors controlled the shot count 27-12, including 9-4 in shots on target.
- Nick Zupinski (Kenosha, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) and Drake led the Warriors' attack against the Eagles with six and five shots, respectively.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) made two saves for the Warriors to earn his eighth win of the season.
- EC goalkeeper Kyle Wood made five saves in the contest.
- Eight yellow cards were issued between both sides.
- WLC erased a halftime deficit for the first time in six previous games this season.
- The Warriors snapped a seven-match losing skid to the Eagles with tonight's win.
- Wisconsin Lutheran plays host to MSOE (11-4-0, 6-2-0 NACC) at 1 p.m. for Senior Day on Saturday afternoon at Warrior Soccer Field. The Raiders are coming off of a dominating 10-3 win over Lakeland on Wednesday night.