Posted: Oct 13, 2015
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team wrapped up its non-conference schedule with a 5-0 blanking of Maranatha on Tuesday night at Warrior Soccer Field.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 5, Maranatha 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (7-6-1), Maranatha (7-6-1)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 69
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors got on the board first finding the back of the net in the ninth minute when Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) connected with Nick Zupinski (Kenosha, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) for the goal to put the Warriors up 1-0.
- Ryan Kurth (Pleasant Prairie, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) scored his first goal of the season in the 12th minute on a breakaway goal to beat the keeper to put the Warriors up 2-0.
- Less than three minutes later, Austin Drake (East Troy, Wis./East Troy) fired a shot from outside the box into the bottom left corner of the net off the assist from Matt Bishop (Sarasota, Fla./Sarasota) for a 3-0 halftime advantage.
- Gronholz netted his fourth goal of the season in the 58th minute off the assist by Zupinski which put the Warriors up 4-0.
- Zupinski scored his second goal of the match and team-leading sixth of the season off of the assist by Kurth in the 64' to give the Warriors a 5-0 advantage.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors out-shot the Sabercats 23-8 in the match, and held an 11-4 shot on goal advantage.
- Zupinski led the Warriors recording five points with two goals and an assist in the match.
- Gronholz recorded a game-high six shots for the Warriors, with three of those shots on target.
- Kurth was credited with his team-leading seventh assist of the season.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) recorded four saves playing all 90:00 minutes in the net for WLC.
- Wira Wama led MBU with five shots and two on goal.
- Charles Leeds recorded a game-high five saves in the loss for the Sabercats in 81:00 minutes of action.
- Wisconsin Lutheran evened the all-time series with the Sabercats at 17-17-0 following tonight's win.
- Wisconsin Lutheran continues its season-long four-match homestand on Saturday when it hosts Aurora (5-6-1, 3-1-1 NACC) at 1 p.m. at Warrior Soccer Field. The Spartans will host league-leading Dominican on Wednesday afternoon.