LISLE, Ill. – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team dropped its Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference matchup against Benedictine 4-0 on Saturday evening at the Sports Complex. The Eagles used three-first half goals to propel them to the win over the Warriors.
- Final Score: Benedictine 4, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (6-6-1, 3-2-1 NACC), Benedictine (6-7-0, 3-2-0 NACC)
- Location: Sports Complex, Lisle, Ill. | Attendance: 103
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Eagles got on the board first in the seventh minute when Jonny Lehman found the back of the net for his fourth goal of the season.
- Gio Ovalle added an early insurance goal in the 14th for a 2-0 Eagles lead.
- Late in the first half, Nick Kapetanos scored his first goal of the match from a pass from Alex Unzueta.
- Kapetanos found the back of the net again in the 67th minute off a cross from Alejandro Vences for his 12th goal of the season.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Both sides finished with 10 shots and six on goal. Benedictine made the most of its chances in the match, scoring four times on those six shots on goal.
- The Warriors' Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) led all players in the match with five shots and three on goal.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) made two saves in the match for the Warriors.
- Francisco Delgado totaled four shots and two on goal to lead BenU.
- Steve Mack made all five saves in the contest for the Eagles.
- The Eagles have defeated the Warriors in consecutive seasons in Lisle, Ill.
- Wisconsin Lutheran hosts Maranatha (6-5-1) in its final non-conference contest of the season on Tuesday at Warrior Soccer Field at 7 p.m. MBU's last match came Friday which resulted in a 2-1 victory over Providence. The Sabercats come in winners of four straight.