Posted: Oct 03, 2015
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team fell 2-1 in its non-conference Homecoming matchup against the Pioneers of UW-Platteville Saturday night at Warrior Soccer Field.
- Final Score: UW-Platteville 2, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (5-5-1), UW-Platteville (6-2-3)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 172
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Pioneers got on the board first finding the back of the net in the 16th minute when Logan Rinderknecht connected with Jon Stopple for the goal.
- The match remained 1-0 in favor of UWP through the end of the first half.
- The Warriors answered in the second half when Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) scored his third goal of the season off a free kick from the top of the box in the 57th minute.
- The Pioneers' Alex Bach broke the 1-1 tie in the 74th off an assist by Rinderknecht, his second of the game.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Pioneers narrowly out-shot the Warriors 14-13 in the match and held a slim 9-7 shot on goal advantage.
- Gronholz led the way for the Warriors recording four shots on the night with three on goal.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) recorded a game-high seven saves for WLC.
- Bach led Platteville with four shots in the contest.
- Scott Sibik recorded six saves for the Pioneers to improve his record to 6-1-3 on the season.
- Wisconsin Lutheran falls to 0-4-1 all-time verses UW-Platteville.
- The Warriors will hit the road for two straight NACC road matches, starting Wednesday with a 2 p.m. contest at Concordia Chicago (4-5-1, 0-2-0). The Cougars fell 1-0 to Dominican last Wednesday and will host Edgewood on Sunday. Live stats and video will be available for the match at wlcsports.com.