SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - Austin Drake (East Troy, Wis./East Troy) and Teffie Joyce (Green Bay, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) each scored second-half goals within a minute of each other to send the visiting Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team past host Lakeland 3-2 on Wednesday afternoon at Lakeland Soccer Field.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 3, Lakeland 2
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (5-4-1, 2-1-1 NACC), Lakeland (2-8-0, 1-2-0 NACC)
- Location: Lakeland Soccer Field, Sheboygan, Wis. | Attendance: 47
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors struck first in the 25th minute when Matt Schmidt (Wauwatosa, Wis./East) netted his first score of the season off a Drake corner kick.
- The Muskies knotted the score at 1-1 in the 38th when Renan Asato found the back of the net on a strike from 30 yards out distributed from Dylan Lange.
- The score remained 1-1 through intermission until the 57th minute when the Muskies' Mirko Tadic gave his team a 2-1 lead off a penalty kick.
- Drake tied the game and tallied his team-leading fourth goal of the season in the 73rd off a turnover into the right corner unassisted.
- Joyce then gave WLC the lead for good less than a minute later off a cross from Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) for the game-winner.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors were out-shot by the Muskies 14-12, but owned a 5-3 advantage in shots on goal.
- Drake led WLC with four shots, while Schmidt, Joyce, and Nick Zupinski (Kenosha, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) each added two.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) made one save, coming early in the second half, for Wisconsin Lutheran.
- Charles Apostolik tallied a match-high five shots for the Muskies.
- Thomis Mannebach stopped a pair of shots in the net for Lakeland.
- The Warriors have won four straight matches against the Muskies.
- Wisconsin Lutheran hosts UW-Platteville (4-2-3) in a non-conference match on Saturday night at 7 p.m. at Warrior Soccer Field. The Pioneers played a road contest at Coe on Wednesday night.