MILWAUKEE – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team dominated its conference matchup against Rockford 5-0 on Saturday afternoon at Warrior Soccer Field. Five different Warriors found the back of the net to lead the offensive outburst.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 5, Rockford 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (4-4-1, 1-1-1 NACC), Rockford (2-6-0, 0-2-0 NACC)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 101
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Austin Drake (East Troy, Wis./East Troy) got the Warriors on the board first, scoring on a penalty kick following a hand ball inside the box in the eighth minute.
- Nick Zupinski (Kenosha, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) scored in the 23rd minute on a breakaway following a long pass from Drake.
- Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) started the second-half scoring following his own rebound for his second goal of the season.
- In the 64th minute, Connor Schodorf (Appleton, Wis./St. Mary Central) found the bottom right corner from a pass inside the box from Teffie Joyce (Green Bay, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) for a 4-0 lead.
- Joyce added his second assist of the match a couple minutes later when he found Matt Bishop (Sarasota, Fla./Sarasota) for the contest's final tally.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- WLC had total control of the match. The Warriors out-shot the Regents 43-4, including 20-1 in shots on goal.
- Drake led WLC in shots with eight and Gronholz added seven of his own.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) made his only save opportunity in the match for the Warriors en route to his fifth shutout.
- The Warriors' 43 shot attempts are their most in a game since September 16, 2012 when they tallied 44 against Eureka.
- WLC has not allowed a goal in each of its four victories this season.
- Wisconsin Lutheran is now 10-0-0 against the Regents dating back to the 2003 season.
- Wisconsin Lutheran travels to Lakeland (2-7-0, 1-1-0 NACC) on Wednesday for a 4 p.m. conference matchup with the Muskies. Lakeland is coming off of a 5-0 loss to Dominican on Saturday.