MILWAUKEE – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team accomplished something it had never done before in its previous 10 meetings against NACC powerhouse Dominican. The Warriors out-shot the Stars 14-13 and played to a double-overtime scoreless draw on Wednesday night at Warrior Soccer Field. The Stars have won at least a share of the conference title every year of the NACC's existence
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 0, Dominican 0 (2 OT)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-4-1, 0-1-1 NACC), Dominican (3-2-2, 0-0-1 NACC)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 81
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Both sides had several opportunities throughout the match to crack the scoring column as the match remained scoreless through the end of regulation. Aided by some stellar defense and goalkeeping, the Warriors were able to force the Stars into a scoreless draw in double overtime.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors had eight different players record at least one shot in the contest.
- Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) led the Warriors' attack against the Stars with three shots. Nick Zupinski (Kenosha, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) led WLC in shots on goal with two.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) made five saves for the Warriors.
- DU goalkeeper Gabriel Gongora made all six saves that came his way, including a crucial save off the crossbar in the first half. David Ortega paced the Stars' offense with three shots.
- Wisconsin Lutheran remains home for its brief two-game homestand on Saturday when it hosts Rockford (2-5-0, 0-1-0 NACC) in a conference matchup at 1 p.m. The Regents last dropped a 5-2 match against Lakeland Saturday on the road.