Posted: Sep 19, 2015
MEQUON, Wis. - The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team fell 3-1 in its conference-opening match against NACC rival Concordia Wisconsin Saturday afternoon at Fitting Field.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 1
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-4-0, 0-1-0 NACC), Concordia Wisconsin (5-1-1, 1-0-0 NACC)
- Location: Fitting Field, Mequon, Wis. | Attendance: 207
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons got on the board early scoring in the 8' when Jordan Moehn headed the ball in the net off of a long throw in by Gavin Falotico for the 1-0 lead.
- CUW scored again in the 28' when Luis Loya fired a shot from 20 yards out to beat the keeper off of the assist from Dagoberto Diaz and Keegan Van Dusseldorp to take a 2-0 lead in the game.
- The Warriors got on the scoreboard with eight minutes remaining in the half when Austin Drake (East Troy, Wis./East Troy) scored on the penalty kick to cut the lead in half 2-1 at halftime.
- The Falcons scored once more in the second half in the 74' when Dagoberto Diaz found the back of the net off of the assist from Justin Clayton for the 3-1 final result.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) recorded a game high seven saves playing all 90:00 minutes in the net for WLC.
- Drake scored the only goal for the Warriors. The senior striker also led the team in shots with five.
- CUW out-shot WLC 18-13 and 10-6 in shots on goal. Van Dusseldorp and Loya led the Falcons with four shots each.
- The Warriors will play their next two matches at Warrior Soccer Field. They host Dominican (3-2-1, 0-0-0 NACC) Wednesday at 7 p.m. and Rockford (2-5-0, 0-1-0 NACC) next Saturday at 1 p.m.