Posted: Sep 16, 2015
CHICAGO – The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team dropped a 1-0 decision to Illinois Tech in another overtime game at Stuart Field on Wednesday night in a non-conference matchup.
- Final Score: Illinois Tech 1, Wisconsin Lutheran 0 (OT)
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-3-0), Illinois Tech (2-3-1)
- Location: Stuart Field, Chicago, Ill. | Attendance: 45
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The only goal of the contest came in the 94th minute when IIT's Santiago Bartolome scored off an assist from Bart Grabowski and Mazen Al Hourani.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) made six saves for WLC.
- Teffie Joyce (Green Bay, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) and Austin Drake (East Troy, Wis./East Troy) led the Warriors with two shots each.
- The Scarlet Hawks controlled the shot count 20-7, including 7-2 in shots on goal.
- Brandon Bortei-Doku and Sergio Calvo de Leon contributed five shots each to IIT's total count.
- The two sides combined for 34 fouls and seven yellow cards.
- The Warriors have been unable to find the back of the net in each of their three losses this season.
- Wisconsin Lutheran opens its conference schedule on Saturday with a road matchup against NACC rival Concordia Wisconsin (4-1-1) at 1 p.m. The Falcons earned a 4-3 non-conference win over Beloit on Wednesday.