MILWAUKEE - Austin Drake (East Troy, Wis./East Troy) scored off a deflected shot with less than one second remaining in regulation to send the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team to a dramatic 1-0 victory over Buena Vista in non-conference action on Sunday afternoon at Warrior Soccer Field.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 1, Buena Vista 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (3-2-0), Buena Vista (2-2-0)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 124
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Warriors and Beavers appeared to be headed to an overtime period deadlocked a 0-0, but Drake and the Warriors had other plans. With the clock ticking down in the final seconds, the senior striker put back a deflected shot from Teffie Joyce (Green Bay, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) with under one second remaining to send the Warriors to a dramatic 1-0 win.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Wisconsin Lutheran dominated possession, as it out-shot Buena Vista 24-9 and 6-3 in shots on goal.
- Drake and Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) led WLC with six shots each.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) made a trio of saves to collect his third shutout of the season.
- Marcus Krause was credited with four of his team's nine shot attempts.
- The matchup was the first-ever meeting between WLC and BVU.
- It marked the Warriors' second 1-0 win in as many days.
- WLC has not allowed a goal in its three victories this season.
- The Warriors continue non-conference play on Wednesday with a 7 p.m. road contest against Illinois Tech (1-3-1). The Scarlet Hawks dropped a 6-2 decision to St. Norbert on Sunday at home. Live video will be available for the match at wlcsports.com.