APPLETON, Wis. – A goal in the 107th minute of the second overtime by Connor Schodorf (Appleton, Wis./St. Mary Central) propelled the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team to a thrilling 1-0 victory over Lawrence in a non-conference match at the Banta Bowl on Saturday afternoon.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 1, Lawrence 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (2-2-0), Lawrence (0-3-1)
- Location: Banta Bowl, Appleton, Wis. | Attendance: 312
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Schodorf scored his second goal of the season and the only goal of the match in the 107th minute. Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) contributed the assist on the game-winning score.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Warriors came away with the slim 1-0 victory despite dominating the shot count 22-6 and 16-2 in shots on goal.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) made a pair of saves for the Warriors, both coming in OT.
- Schodorf, Gronholz, and Reed Luengen (Slinger, Wis./Slinger) all had three shots on goal in the contest. Gronholz also led all players with five shots in the game.
- Vikings' goalies Joe Krivit and Robert Meiser combined for 15 saves in the match.
- Wisconsin Lutheran has a short turnaround as it hosts Buena Vista (2-1-0) tomorrow at 3 p.m. at Warrior Soccer Field. The Beavers last claimed a 2-1 win over Rockford on Friday.