Posted: Sep 09, 2015
MILWAUKEE - The Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team fell 2-0 in a non-conference match against the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh Wednesday night at Warrior Soccer Field.
- Final Score: UW-Oshkosh 2, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-2-0), UW-Oshkosh (2-1-1)
- Series History: UW-Oshkosh 3, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 168
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Titans scored their first goal in the 34th minute off a header by Tyler Howard assisted by Javier Simon and Nick Orne for a 1-0 lead at the half.
- UW-Oshkosh added an insurance goal in the 50th when Elias Efthimiou scored off of a miss-played ball back to the goalie.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- UW-Oshkosh controlled the game out-shooting the Warriors 18-2 with a 6-0 shot on goal margin.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) totaled four saves in the match for the Warriors, including a key stop on a UWO first-half penalty kick.
- Austin Drake (East Troy, Wis./East Troy) and Marco Perez (Milwaukee, Wis./Hamilton) each had one shot on the night for the Warriors, both coming in the second half.
- It was the first goals of the season for both Howard and Efthimious.
- UW-Oshkosh had three players tied with three shots each for the match.
- The Warriors face Lawrence (0-2-1) on Saturday at 4 p.m. in Appleton. Live video will be available for the contest at wlcsports.com. The Vikings dropped a 3-1 decision to Maranatha Baptist on Tuesday.