MILWAUKEE – Ryan Kurth (Pleasant Prairie, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) dished out a program-record four assists and six different Warriors found the back of the net as the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team defeated Bethany Lutheran 6-0 Friday night at Warrior Soccer Field.
- Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 6, Bethany Lutheran 0
- Records: Wisconsin Lutheran (1-1-0), Bethany Lutheran (0-2-0)
- Location: Warrior Soccer Field, Milwaukee, Wis. | Attendance: 170
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Reed Luengen (Slinger, Wis./Slinger) opened the scoring for WLC in the fourth minute as he headed home a cross from Kurth.
- Connor Schodorf (Appleton, Wis./St. Mary Central) scored his first collegiate goal off a cross by Nate Wasser (Lake Geneva, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) at the 25:18 mark.
- Ten minutes later, Isaiah Gronholz (Watertown, Wis./Lakeside Lutheran) scored on a breakaway as Kurth notched his second assist of the evening.
- In the 39th minute, Wasser put home the ball in the lower left corner off an assist by Zach Nelson (New Berlin, Wis./West).
- Jimmy Pierson (Brown Deer, Wis./Brown Deer) added a fifth and final tally to WLC's first-half total as Kurth tallied his third assist.
- Teffie Joyce (Green Bay, Wis./Fox Valley Lutheran) capped the scoring for Wisconsin Lutheran in the 68th minute on a strike from the top of the box, as Kurth added his program-record fourth assist of the game.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) earned his first shutout of the season.
- Six different Warrior players found the back of the net.
- Gronholz led WLC in shots with four, including one on goal.
- Wasser and Schodorf contributed three shots apiece in the contest.
- Wisconsin Lutheran dominated the shot count, 22-4.
- Eleven players were credited with at least one shot in the game for the Warriors.
- Vikings' goalie Tim Wildauer saved three shots in the contest.
- The two sides combined for 22 fouls and one yellow card.
- Following tonight's win, the Warriors are now 7-0 all-time against the Vikings.
- Kurth's four assists surpass the previous single game assist record of three, which has happened six previous times in program history.
- Wisconsin Lutheran remains home next Wednesday when it hosts UW-Oshkosh (1-1-0) at 7 p.m. at Warrior Soccer Field. The Titans earned their first win of the season tonight by shutting out Southwestern (Texas) 4-0 in Salem, Ore.