MILWAUKEE - Freshman Nick Zupinski's (Kenosha, Wis./Shoreland Lutheran) unassisted goal in the 83rd minute lifted the Wisconsin Lutheran College men's soccer team to a 1-0 Senior Night win over Lakeland Wednesday in the final game of the season at Warrior Soccer Field.
WHERE THEY STAND
- With the season-ending victory, the Warriors wrap up the 2014 campaign with a 9-9-1 overall record and a 3-6-1 mark in the NACC. Lakeland concludes its season 6-12-1 overall and 2-8-0 in conference play.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The only score of the night came courtesy of Zupinski in the 83rd minute when he fired a shot past Lakeland goalkeeper Austin Ganzke for the game-winning goal. It was Zupinski's fourth score of his rookie campaign.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Lakeland outshot Wisconsin Lutheran 13-9, but the two teams were even with four shots on goal apiece.
- Zupinski and Austin Drake (East Troy, Wis./East Troy) led WLC with three shots each. Franco Herrera led Lakeland offensively with four shots.
- Cedric Guichard (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) made four saves to earn his third shutout of the season. Ganzke made three saves for the Muskies.
- Seniors Taylor Hershoff (New Berlin, Wis./Eisenhower), Travis Heyer (Wauwatosa, Wis./West), Roman Nino (Lake Worth, Fla./Santaluces), Josh Higginson (Lyons, Wis./Burlington), Brad Mallmann (Plymouth, Wis./Plymouth), Nathan Joosse (Oostburg, Wis./Oostburg), Jake Semmann (Grafton, Wis./Kettle Moraine Lutheran), and Mavric Otterstatter (Fond du Lac, Wis./Winnebago Lutheran) were honored during a special halftime presentation.
- The win was the Warriors' third straight over the Muskies, as they have outscored them by a combined score of 9-1 over those three contests.
- It was the first 1-0 win of the season for Wisconsin Lutheran.
- The nine wins by WLC are the second-most over the last seven seasons.